Shane Connolly & Company has been creating timeless, artisan, floral arrangements and decorations for over twenty-five years, and still get excited about the next event.
Shane Connolly set up his eponymous company in 1989 after training with some of London's leading flower designers.
Born and raised in Northern Ireland, Shane read Psychology at university but a lifelong passion for plants and gardening eventually led to a complete career change.
Subsequently, he has built an enviable reputation as a floral designer with a small, dedicated and talented team of florists, artists and craftsmen working from offices and a large light-filled studio in North Kensington.
The company is very proud to hold a Royal Warrant of Appointment to HRH The Prince of Wales.
What We Do
We feel our testimonials reflect the pride we take in our work. Using both traditional and contemporary techniques and materials we go the extra mile; constantly striving to interpret clients' thoughts and visions with bespoke pieces that exceed expectations.
We are known for our discretion and don't discuss previous events, however we are happy to show examples of our work to prospective clients.
How We Work
We never work from a "shopping list" and we never duplicate designs. Instead we like to meet our clients, explore thoughts and ideas together and then devise one-off, bespoke creations each and every time.
From understated natural looks to more radical innovative schemes, we'll then source the most appropriate elements…flowers and foliages or new, unconventional materials and ingredients…and combine them with wonderful props and accessories (often specially made by our skilled craftsmen and artists) to make real what you have dreamed of for your special event.
Get in touch via email or telephone, and we will happily talk with you about your ideas, and arrange an initial meeting to discuss budgets and suggestions. We can attend site visits, meet with planners and coordinators, and act as a guide throughout the decision making process.
Nature both inspires our work and guides how we do it. Our environmental conscience is strong and we have a deep conviction that, as a business, we should work in harmony with the planet:
- We try always to use seasonal flowers.
- Wherever possible we source beautiful British flowers, and have close relationships with a number of like-minded suppliers.
- We avoid, wherever possible, using oasis.
- We think that recycling is really important – Our green waste gets composted each week and we donate regularly to Floral Angels, a wonderful charity that repurposes flowers after events.
- Pollencrew support us with event support and logistics, and are licensed waste carriers, “upcycling” and recycling wherever possible.
- Our design studio is powered by electricity from renewable sources and we have PV solar panels on the roof. We also use only low energy halogen bulbs.
We are continually looking for new ways to add to our green credentials and always welcome feedback and ideas in this area or contact with potential new suppliers.
Shane Connolly is the author of four books:
- Table Flowers
- Conran Octopus 1996
- Wedding Flowers
- Conran Octopus 1998
- The Language of Flowers
- Conran Octopus 2004
- A Year in Flowers
- Clearview Books 2012